Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Omar Bin Laden's interview on the Egyptian official TV

It has been awhile since the Egyptian official TV made a scoop , to night it was a surprise to me because I never thought for one second that they would dare to host in the official TV and host Omar Osama Bin Laden and his wife Zeina but they did and they did it on air on their useless TV Show "El-Bait Baitak" ,I think they know very well that people do not watch anymore their official spokes show and that they moved to other channels and other shows like Cairo today on The Youm Channel , 90 minutes on the Mahawar Channel and my favourite 10 PM on the Dream Channel.

They know very well the size of the competition they are facing, cable channels and TV dishes are every where from homes to cafes .

No body thought I believe in the other shows to host Omar who is currently staying in Cairo , I do not know if it is fear or security , but may be because for truth he is not a big deal compared to what is going on in Egypt right now , so what if he is the son of Osama and is married to 51 years old British lady  still it will be scoop to host Omar and speak about his life , about his father if they did it in the correct way .

Omar Bin Laden appeared last night on the National TV , the first Bin Laden to make an appearance on the Egyptian National TV on air. His interviewer was Mahmoud Saad , who did one of his best interviews ever , for those who do not know Saad started his career as a showbiz  bin1_186870ajournalist , but now he is from the best interviewers in the Arab world ,seriously last night interview was done professionally .

I do not know what Zeina was doing with Omar last night and why she came to the Egyptian TV , seriously she did not speak , all the questions were for Omar . I think it is not about standing with her man more about to appear in the media . Already I do not know , I just do not like her looks , I do not know her personally so of course I can't have a good judgment based on TV .

Omar Bin Laden , Omar Osama Ibn Laden , our main guest , well first of all he speaks in the same slow tune way in which his father speaks with , so you can sleep while he talks , seriously if you are nervous person ,you will not be able to complete the interview .

He looks as a regular good looking Arabian Young man despite I do like his hair , an Afro bony tail thing , it does not suite him at all. He is smart very smart . He used to take some time before answering the question , it is well known why .

The questions Saad asked were mostly about his father Osama and why he left him , I think he asked him once whether his wife had Jewish roots , the thing which he denies saying that her father is from Arabia , already this is stupid question because according to Islam he can marry the Jew and the Christian women so what if he is married to  a Jewish woman , for God sake Boutres Ghali , the former foreign minister and secretary General of the UN is married to a Jewish lady , also the former Prime minister of Egypt Atef Sadky was married to Jewish lady so this is a stupid useless question

The Questions regarding Bin Laden and Al-Qaida are very interesting and the answers were far more interesting . Here I am not discussing them ,I just writing down what he said

According to Bin Laden's son :

  • His father is against the killing of any civilian in the Arab Muslim world and that he targeted the Americans because he thinks that they are supporting Bush's policies.
  • His father is not sick at all.
  • He saw Mullah Omar and he is not a fictional character ,as some said.
  • He left his father because he wanted to see the world ,to know more and so on.
  • In Afghanistan they lived in a normal life , they did not live in Caves , caves were used during the war.
  • Ayman El-Zowahary is not the second man but he is Bin Laden's friend !!
  • Sheikh Omar Abd El-Rahman does not have that influence on the group like it was said , he never met him in his life.
  • Osama does not represent the Bin Laden's family.

The  most interesting question was about what Omar thinks about what his father is doing ,it is not the question that is interesting but the answer

I am against the killing of civilians whether they are killed by the name of Religion or by the name of democracy

Diplomatic answer , Omar did not attack his father on the contrary he called the Islamic and Arabic countries to gather a panel of the best Islam scholars and clerics to discuss the man in his thoughts.

He also said that his father wanted a truce between him and the west "first time to know this" and he indirectly asked the west to treat his dad like treated Gerry Adams of North Ireland , a daring suggestion , truce and negotiations.

Omar repeated again his call for Peace .

Ah , before I go it will be very hard for the Americans to arrest Osama Bin Laden if he does not go or does not fight in the war field himself .

I believe no body would have known Omar and he would not have come to the media if the western media did not cover his marriage from Zeina . Still I respect his coverage to come out and speak what he thinks like this on TV .

13 comments:

  1. Z..I saw 5 minutes of this cuz i don't get all of ur deluxe channels...this guy was taking 4ever 2 answer and he speaks so slowly. You did better than me. I couldn't watch it. I was starting to think he was a slow learner or something. Yeah he has a nice tall figure in ur pic but this guy is NOT cute. There are way more attractive Arabians than this man. And the hair..what's up with the hair...long rasta corn braids? They looked awful. Someone please explain to him that he is not Jamaican.

    Truce between the West and Osama..that will never happen. Gerry Adams is white and christian. Wake up buddy!

    I have to say I admire you immensely for watching all of this. I am not nervous as you say but I lack patience for some1 who takes 4ever 2 complete a sentence. I didn't realize that the woman was his wife. Is she the middle aged Brit.

    Really I think it's the Egyptian 2nd in command doctor that is the mastermind 4 ben laden and his crew. Arabs aren't that clever. Frankly I wish these yemeni ben laden people would just go away already. Your 20 min of fame is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous, well my mom and aunt could not complete it either , his hair is so terrible .
    about the truce let him dream as he watns , already his dad as I recall everytime he appears he swears that he will open hell on the west
    his wife is 52 years old Brit with 4 grand children and 4 other ex-husbands ,her first husband was a saudi , I do not know what she was doing in the interview , why she came Saad did not ask her any question
    Ayman El-Zowahairy as a leader may be ,despite all the people who knew him in Egypt in his childhood in Maadi say that he was a follower personality not a leading one

    ReplyDelete
  3. She kind of looks like a stripper. She's in great shape for a grandma.

    But seriously though, there were no beautiful Arab women in all of the Middle East for this guy? He had to go after a British grandma who will no doubt dump him and get a nice cash settlement. At least give a nice cash settlement or dowry to a lovely Arab Muslim women. Wonder what his oh-so-religious father thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @N.American princess , he was married to a young Saudi lady from a very well known family there , I do not know if they have children or not but I know this lady requested a divorce after this media circus and I can't blame her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone have any idea how to contact Omar bin Laden? I have written an open letter to him. See http://freesoil.org/wordpress/?p=297

    ReplyDelete
  6. @aletha, I wish I could help but I do not know him personally and I do not know how you can reach him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks anyway. I read that Omar was in Cairo, trying to get permission to move to England, which was denied. It is hard to find anything on the web that is not making fun of him and his wife. Perhaps he is hopelessly naive, trying to make peace, but his father did offer a truce. I read that Islam required him to offer a truce. Naturally Western politicians treat this as a joke, but I think it was no joke. The joke is on those politicians, thinking the jihad can be defeated by sheer military might. Meanwhile the world suffers for this blind thirst for blood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @aletha, I just want to say something Jihad in Islam is not fighting only the aggressors or like what some in the west wants to believe as a holy war against those who are not Muslims but it is wider concept
    The west refuses to understand this meaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately my country is not big on learning from history, or other cultures. Anyone speculating about possible reasons for the jihad gets denounced by politicians and pundits as unpatriotic, justifying terrorism. So I have to agree, most of the West does not want to understand anything about the meaning or purpose of this jihad. Resistance to the corporate empire is not something most Westerners want to think about.

    That said, I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Aletha,please pardon me if you do not understand , what I am trying to say that Jihad is not a bad thing in reality ,it is very wide concept in Islam , if you feed a poor person , then this is a kind of Jihad , when you smile in the face of person than this is a Jihad
    Jihad is not terrorism nor a holy war on other religions it is much wider concept ,unfortunately the west does not want to understand this meaning , I feel so sad when they use the word of Jihadist in the negative way, this is what I meant , I hope that I explained it more clearly now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the explanation. I did not know that, though Luckynkl, commenting on my post Feminist Diplomacy, wrote, "Jihadi is simply anyone who engages in persistent and zealous pursuits. IOWs, feminists could be considered jihadi."

    So, you are saying the meaning is even wider than that. Luckynkl and I knew a poster on feminist bulletin boards who used the name Jihada. I had wondered what that meant to her. It seems she knew more about Islam than me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aletha, Just ran across your post here. I'd googled "jihada" (after trying "sad sister"), as I knew her (and Luckynkl) from feminista.com and (before that) the old Ms. boards. Please feel free to contact me...would love to say "hi" to the old Ms-ers.

    Robin (I was "R_S_..., rocking boats" on Ms.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omar is a serious man very much as his father is a serious man. To have seen what Omar has seen just because he was born Osama bin Laden's son would make most serious about their lives. I respect him for going his own way and very much agree with his message of peace. I don't agree with his father but I do respect him for living the realities of his stated vision. Few in the west would understand the honesty and conviction that Osama bin Laden exudes. He has the energy of his convictions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.