Sunday, February 12, 2006

Egyptian People want to be happy even for once

I was in the street when Egypt won the cup of the African nation cup and I saw by own eyes the happiness the people felt ,a mix between happy and joy that me wonder do they realize that we only won a football competition ,just a tin cup covered with what so ever !?It is the game in the end
Those were my first thoughts when I went to the street during the match and I found out that it was the perfect time for crime or even invading Egypt itself ,no one is doing anything except following the match ,no one is walking down the streets ,the streets are empty just like in Ramadan during the breakfast time!!
Another wonder that goes back to a personal experience,when my late grandfather "May Allah bless his soul" was in the IC in IBN Sinia hospital before his death by 24 hours ,my aunt went to get from home all his medical records so the doctor can see it,to see what the best and suitable treatment for him ,she arrived home at the time of the match which Mideo made his famous bad behavior and went back again to the hospital , when she reached there the match was over and Egypt it won ,good thing okay .
Well when she went ot the IC she found only two nurses with no doctor ,where was the doctor? The doctor was coming down the stairs holding the flag ,waving it like the first lady saying "yay we won" ,then he went to my aunt saying asking "Did you see Mideo ? Did you see Mideo?" My aunt did something we were surprised from it ,she didn't scream at his face or anything ,she kept calm "No really I didn't see him ! what did he do !?" She told me after that that she had to do so because he is treating grand dad !!So my wonder what if someone got severe ill during the match will someone rescue him!?
What is more strange in the Croc Nile thing is the girls ,okay they look nice and everything and they show that we got the prettiest and coolest girls in Africa but sometimes I feel it is going out of control
Anyway back again to the winning hour ,People just run to the streets as if we got back our stolen land in 1973 ,in fact I know for sure people in 1973 didn't do so . All kinds of people ,men and women , young and old ,rich and poor ,all colors of Egyptian society !!
All with flags screaming Egypt ,Egypt and even some said long live Egypt !!
And here I realized a naked truth , a bitter truth ;truth always hurts People in Egypt want to be happy ,want to be proud with their flag ,want to be proud of their country achievement in anything even if it is in a rat race , you know why ?
because they don't like what happened to their country , they love it no they adore it and they just don't like this low standard we reach to
They want to be happy because they are tired from the sadness and agony surrounding them whether from sunken ferries to terrible economic situation to the amazing low level we reached in the politics.
I remember that the WHO made a study in Egypt and found that most Egyptian people are suffering from depression , a depression that lead to heart disease "I swear I know guys with age no more of 30 years and they suffering heart diseases because of working conditions in Egypt !!" to frustation in beds "you know Wahid Hamd and Sherif Araf 's master piece Sleeping in Honey "
For the first time I found myself love our RED-WHITE and Black flag ,despite my bias to the old green royal one and despite my sadness for the loss of my grand dad I wanted to have a flag to waive just like the rest of people ,Already I stick it on my window.
before I go I want to quote something from Ibrahim Eissa's article in Sout El-Oma "Nation's voice {All this violence the people showed in their happiness ,what will they do if they are angry !?}
The Egyptian people got a hidden anger and this anger can errupt at anytime

2 comments:

  1. You are 100% right
    ppl in Egypt Finally found something to be proud of about Egypt
    finally ,they found something that makes them stand up and say it outloud "I'M EGYPTIAN"
    instead of saying it with there heads to the ground in any place in the world
    or even in our land in the tourism places.
    a Police officer once told a friend of mine who was working in Sharm
    "enta hena yala toknos we temsa7 we te3'sel so7oon we bas fahem".
    we wanna be happy .
    how?? i guess Football is the only thing capable of making us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting conversation between your friend and the officer ,I wonder why they think in that way !?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.